ant-user mailing list archives

From Rubun Tang <rt...@algorithmics.com>
Subject RE: recursive deletion using ftp task
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:07:27 GMT
Kevin,

I'm not sure what you really want to do. Do you try to delete files
recursively through another ant file in the remote server? Have you tried
using that build.xml locally and see if it works? Please provide more
details or maybe a piece of code so that we can take a look at.

Rubun T

-----Original Message-----
From: kwong@royalsunalliance.co.nz [mailto:kwong@royalsunalliance.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:34 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: recursive deletion using ftp task

Hi,

I am trying to use the ftp task to recursive delete files and folder on a
ftp
server.  I am using a fileset to specify the files to be deleted.  However,
if
wildcard is used to specifiy recursive folders in the include of the
fileset,
the task will not work.

The task works fine deleting multiple files in a single directory, but not
recursively into the sub-directories.

I also tried using multiple includes for the fileset.  This turns out that
only
the last include in the list will be executed.

Moreover, I cannot find a way to remove a directory on the server using the
ftp
task.  Are there anyway to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Kevin Wong.

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above. It
may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute
or disclose it to anyone.