ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ron Coutts" <R...@quadrus.com>
Subject RE: Using Ant with MS VC++/VB Commandline Compilation
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:23:52 GMT
We're using Ant to build MS VC++ applications.  We use the Exec task to
call Msdev.exe, thus driving the compile and link from the command line.
We do development in the VC++ IDE, so we have the workspace and project
files, (.dsw and .dsp files), that contain the source code dependency
info.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Lim [mailto:ArthurLim@ap.savi.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 8:25 PM
To: Ant Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Using Ant with MS VC++/VB Commandline Compilation

Hi,

I have tried looking up the User Discussion Archive but could not find
any information on this topic (other then being *primarily* for Java
only). Has someone tried this and has some experience to share?

Reason I needed this is that, tho the project is using predominantly
Java codes, there is a couple of legacy components that are in VC++/VB
for historic and skillset reasons.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

*Disclaimer*

This mail and any accompanying documents contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This
information is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or
distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this
information, is strictly prohibited.

Please let us know immediately if you have received this by mistake and
appreciate if you could delete the original message.