ant-user mailing list archives

From "T Master" <>
Subject Re: Inter-project dependencies?
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:19:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herman, Dave" <>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:09 PM
Subject: RE: Inter-project dependencies?

> Thanks again, T Master...
> How would you or anyone suggest the projects locate each other? My

Put all build files in ${build.dir} ?
Copy out from your source repository into there the files required.  I
assume you know the file names ( *.xml).

Hmmm  You're doing this i think:
    several projects all in one build file?   or
    several projects with differents build files.

Either way,  use a properties file to standardise on product names and
that's what i did.  Helps immensily.

I'm not sure what you meant by files....workspace
projects...jar files...

You could just modify every build file to copy that project's jar file to a
shared directory on your lan  *grin*.
If a project needed to use another jar, it could locate it from that.
Remember to put that directory path in your properties file :)

T Master

> is a little different from Adarsh's, because we don't have one
> project with many sub-projects, but rather several projects on the same
> level that have somewhat complex inter-dependencies, and several of them
> need to be built and released as separate products.
> I appreciate everyone's help!
> Thanks,
> Dave Herman

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>