ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: newbie question: javac not checking build dependencies?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 01:33:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Misha Dmitriev" <Mikhail.Dmitriev@eng.sun.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 16:37
Subject: Re: newbie question: javac not checking build dependencies?

> To analyse
> dependencies preserved in a suitable format, is much faster than to
recompile
> everything.

I think that depends on project size/complexity, and the build tool you use.
"ant clean deploy -Dbuild.compiler=jikes" works pretty nicely; deployment
and testing take up the majority of the minute or two our builds take.

It'd be nicer if CPU#2 got a look in on my build process; if a multitheadred
compiler could keep it busy I'd cut the compile down a bit, but the other
tasks are all mostly serialized. (Unless I want to run <ftp> and <junit> in
parallel; keep the final deploy step back till the tests pass. hmmm)