ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Newbie help <echo>
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:46:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Volkar" <jvolkar@etransport.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 07:39
Subject: RE: Newbie help <echo>

> Okay, thanks everyone...  For now, I'm echoing whilst I play around.
>
> I can see I'm going to have to get deeping into ANT than I originally
> planned.  So much for the project plan that alloted me 2-3 days to get
> project wide automatic build scripts setup and working.

well, the amount you miss that milestone by will be a good metric as to how
much the rest of the project will be late.

There are two automated build systems listed on the ant web pages

-cruisecontrol
-anthill
plus of course GUMP.

These all automatically build on a regular basis and provide notification,
usually a web page and email. You probably could get one of those working in
2-3 days, full time, but expect it slow going at first.

-steve