ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joseph S. Barrera III" <...@barrera.org>
Subject Re: Ant for J#?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:09:27 GMT
> From: "DONNIE HALE" <DHALE@longaberger.com>
>
> A question I've been wondering about this is which library API will J#
use -
> the one from the MS CLR, or one that precisely matches the Java library
API?
> It'll be useless to try to have an implementation which only matches the
language
> syntax but which requires completely different library calls.

Out of the box, you can import all the 1.1.x libraries, and/or you
can import the .NET libraries (typically "import System.xxx").
You can then grab source for the 1.3+ libraries and compile them
and then your 1.3+ programs will work. Although so far the process
of compiling 1.3+ libraries is not trivial because the J# tools are
seriously sub-beta quality.

- Joe