ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: compile error
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:28:50 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <hauke.stammer@mobilcom.de>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 4:01 PM
Subject: compile error

> While I'm trying to compile round about 2000 java files for a big project,
>
> the compiling fails with the following messages:
>
> "whatever".class is an abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
>
> That would be fine... if the mentioned would be of an abstract type. But,
> as you can guess, it isn't!
> Is the something I may be missing?

I don't know. In general it's not a problem to build projects which contain
abstract classes without any "tricks" and the error message seems to be a
compiler message, not an Ant error.

Can you tell us more about your environment? OS, Java version, Ant version,
maybe the part of the buildfile that causes this problem?

Nico