ant-user mailing list archives

From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject RE: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:55:03 GMT
That's not what I want, because if I have:

<target ...>
  <echo massage="Compiling..."/>
  <javac..../>
  <echo message="Compilation finished"/>
</target>

then the echo messages are going to get spit out even if the <javac> task decides that
it has nothing to do (all the .class files are up-to-date).

Thanks though.

Donnie

>>> ylan@digiworks.tv 12/20/01 02:29PM >>>

> 2) Can <echo> be put inside a <task>? I didn't see an answer to
> this before, but a test showed that it couldn't. What I'm trying
> to achieve is some feedback to System.out only if a task is executed:
>
> <javac ...>
>   <echo message="Compiling ..." />
> </javac>
>
> Is there a way to do that?
No echo can not be put inside a task, as it's a task on it's own. But you
can put it right before the task :)

<echo massage="Compiling..."/>
	<javac..../>
<echo message="Compilation finished"/>