ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <>
Subject deployment descriptors and best practices
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:03:20 GMT
Trying to get a feel for best practices here.

Where do you store your deployment descriptors for a project at?  Why do you store them
where you do?

BACKGROUND: we currently store our deployment descriptors in the directory structure
"d:\dev\deploy\PROJECT_NAME\META-INF", which is separate from source code at
"d:\dev\src\PROJECT_NAME".  This doesn't mesh well with ant, since there really isn't a
project base folder.

I'm trying to decide if I want the deployment descriptors under the new directory structure
to be
at "d:\dev\PROJECT_NAME\src\META-INF" or "d:\dev\PROJECT_NAME\deploy\META-
INF".  We currently use our deploy folder in a manner similair to a dist folder - the final
(JARs, WARs) end up in there.  My guess is the deployment descriptors would be better off
the src directory, but I wanted to get a feel for what others do.