ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject fork option for jar task?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 19:54:01 GMT
Over on the cruise control list, it has been noted that Sun's tools
are rather bad about releasing resources.  As best as I can tell, jar
stabbed me in the back this morning.

There is a fork option for javac that seems to fix the problem for
it, but there is no corresponding one for jar.

Any chance of that making it in the 1.5 build?  (Speaking of which,
anyone have a guess about when 1.5 will hit?  I know that CC2 is not
likely much, if any before Christmas, so if it is in that time frame,
the authors may get a chance to test against the latest and greatest.)

Scott