ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: fork option for jar task?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:10:50 GMT
>On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Scott Ellsworth <scott@alodar.com> wrote:
>
>>  I believe it is a problem in the jar tasks.  If I build my jar with
>>  the jar task under cruise control, the file is at least occasionally
>>  marked as still open.
>
>Are you doing something with this jar except creating it during the
>build process?  The code of Zip.java seems to close the file no matter
>which execution path has been taken.

The only strange bit is that the jar is used in later stages of the
build as part of the javac classpath for other items.  For example,
we build metagraph.jar as the first step, and import.jar, view.jar,
and query.jar all import stuff from it when we build those three jars
later.

I have not seen the symptom in a couple of days, during which we had
several builds, so it may be that switching to the "throw out all
.class files" target for every build has helped.

(I got various and sundry error messages about not being able to find
javac on Linux when I tried using the fork=yes option to javac, so I
just used the "clean build" target)

Could it be that javac was holding a lock on it at the second compile?

Scott