ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri G. Chtchekine" <>
Subject property immutability -AGAIN!
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:19:32 GMT
OK, I don't want to 'beat a dead horse' about
should a property be immutable or not. I just
want to throw a scenario at you and ask to make
comments on how to accomplish this task without changing
property's value.

My build reads several properties from a file,
one of them is which is the name of the box where I want
my code to be deployed (via FTP). Here is an example:
  <target name="push" depends="init" if="deploy">
	<ftp server="${}"
		<fileset dir="${build.dir}">
			<include name="${package.root}\**"/>

Now, as far as there is only one box where I want to push the
code everything is clear. But now I want to push code to several
boxes in one build. This can be easily accomplished by changing
the value of property.
How would you suggest I do this without changing property value ?
(Evidently using separate property for each box will result in code
I hope that this problem is general enough and I am looking forward
to your comments.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message