ant-user mailing list archives

From "Todd Chambery" <tchamb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Websphere ejbjar task reprise
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:17:34 GMT
Hey all,

I finally got a Websphere task for <ejbjar> working (borrowing very heavily
from the WeblogicDeploymentTool class), with one major hurdle remaining:  I
can't figure out how to put my own manifest into  the generic ejb jar
created by the GenericDeploymentTool, or overwrite the default manifest
inserted by GDT.

The problem with overwriting is this:

   [ejbjar] adding file 'META-INF/MANIFEST.MF'
   [ejbjar] WARNING: IOException while adding entry META-INF/MANIFEST.MF to
jarfile from
D:\projects\D2V1\ant_descriptors\data_access_Action\Meta-inf\data_access_Act
ion-MANIFEST.MF java.util.zip.ZipException-duplicate entry:
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

I tried overriding the GDT method writeJar (this is where the default
manifest is added) but the GDT instance var addedFiles is used by another
GDT method, addFileToJar, and is not accessible to the subclass, so this
comes up as :

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ejb.GenericDeploymentTool.addFileToJa
r(GenericDeploymentTool.java:245)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ejb.WebsphereDeploymentTool.writeJar(
WebsphereDeploymentTool.java:471)

I could override the addFileToJar method, but this will make my
WebsphereDeploymentTool more ugly.  Anybody got a better solution?

thanks,

Todd