ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Medinets" <medi...@mtolive.com>
Subject RE: Starting and Stoping MySQL Service from Build.xml
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:27:57 GMT
I hate when I send a message for help and then move farther towards a
solution...It's as if the act of asking for help forces me to think of new
things to try. In any case, by moving the location of the exe into the
fileset, I've moved farther:

		<apply executable="net" timeout="5000" failonerror="yes">
			<arg line="START mysql"/>
			<fileset dir="c:\winnt\system32" />
		</apply>

produces:

    [apply] The syntax of this command is:
    [apply]
    [apply]
    [apply] NET START [service]
    [apply]

I've tried quoting the mysql, capitalizing start... I can't reproduce that
syntax message from the command line.

Does apply have a debug mode so I can see the command-line that it is
executing? I didn't notice such a feature in the docs.

thanks.

David Medinets, Consultant, http://www.codebits.com