ant-user mailing list archives

From "J. Matthew Pryor" <matthew_pr...@versata.com>
Subject RE: manifest class path
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:14:17 GMT
Connor

Thanks for the response

> 2. The second issue is support for automatically writing classpath
> entries in the jar file. There is no  direct support for this operation
> but there is something you can do using inline manifests. Something like
> this
>
>      <jar jarfile="test.jar" basedir="." manifest="manifest.mf">
>        <include name="src/**"/>
>        <manifest>
>          <attribute name="Class-Path" value="${classpath.string}"/>
>        </manifest>
>      </jar>

Great so this will merge the in-line manifest with the specified manifest (manifest="manifest.mf")
?

I can see it is contentious, but what happens when there are overlapping Class-Path entries
?

The manifest spec say you can have multiple Class-Path entries as I read it, but from viewing
the 1.4.1 code it looks like the section merge code will replace one with the other

Thanks very much for clearing this up (sorry about the feature grab ;-)

Cheers,
Matthew