ant-user mailing list archives

From c..@kego.com
Subject mapper inside dependset?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:16:35 GMT
_________________________________

Does anyone know how to perform a dependset on a translated fileset?

Really what I effectively need is:

<dependset>

<srcfilelist dir="." files="includefile1.php,includefile2.php"/>

<targetfileset dir="." includes="**/*.php" />

<mapper type="glob" from="*.php" to="*.jsp"/>

</dependset>

(This does not work since mapper is NOT supported inside

a dependset)

The situation I'm in is that I have a bunch of .php's which get

translated into .jsp's by my ant file.

I also have a number of .jsp files that are hand-written.

So, when I modify my included .php files I need to re-build

every single .php in project.

I cannot build my targetfileset from the .jsp files laying around

because some are hand written, and I don't want to delete

my hand-written .jsp files just the ones that are created by

translating the .php files into .jsp files.

I can think of a few gross work-arounds to get this going,

but I'm suprised I cannot find a clean method to get this

working in Ant.

What I'm really looking for is a clean method to get this

working.

Thanks,

Cameron Elliott

PS, The gross workarounds could be:

1. Don't hand write any .jsp files, use another suffix

like .jspz, and copy those into .jsp's, hence

the hand-written originals won't get deleted by

the depend set.