ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject RE: please help, cant build javadocs....
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:43:57 GMT
> I think the problem is that due to the fact that I'm running on Windows I
> have to enclose the classpath into &quot; characters. I tried from
> command prompt with enclosed classpath and it worked, but I have no idea
> how do I do that from within the ant target. Here
> is how my target looks like:
>
>     <target depends="prepare" name="javadocs">
>         <mkdir dir="${javadoc.destdir}"/>
>         <javadoc author="true" bottom="Copyright © XXXX. All
> Rights Reserved." destdir="${javadoc.destdir}"
> doctitle="${Name} ${version} API" packagenames="com.olt.cms.*"
> private="true" sourcepath="${build.src}" use="true" version="true"
> windowtitle="${Name} ${version} API" verbose="true">
>             <classpath refid="classpath"/>
>         </javadoc>
>     </target>

How are you defining the classpath? you are stating that it is a path-like
structure with
id="classpath". Is this how it is defined in your buildfile? My hunch is
that you are trying to use the windows environment variable CLASSPATH. What
I do in my build file is:
[snip .. relevant prortions attached]
<!-- top of the build filem, outside any target -->
<path id="project.classpath">
	<pathelement path="${classpath}"/>
	<fileset dir="${lib.home}">
		<include name="**/*.jar"/>
	</fileset>
</path>

	<javadoc
		packagenames="${packages}"
		sourcepath="${src.home}"
                destdir="${javadoc.home}"
		author="true"
		version="true"
		use="true"
		splitindex="true"
		stylesheetfile="${src.home}/digiworks.css">
		<header><![CDATA[
		]]>
		</header>
		<footer><![CDATA[
		]]>
		</footer>
		<classpath refid="project.classpath" />
	</javadoc>
[snip]

The reference to ${classpath} is, to my understaning, a reference to the
environment CLASSPATH variable.
Hope this gets you going.

Ylan Segal.