ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Berry <christopher.be...@etrade.com>
Subject copying on files changed
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:23:58 GMT
Greetings,

We are building many projects independently. Each of these projects build
within their own project structure (i.e. they have their own /src and /build
directories). After compilation, the CLASS files are then copied from /build
into a central deployment area named whatever/classes. This all works well
enough. (Note: we do not compile directly into /classes, or use separate JAR
files, for several reasons)

So here's my problem. I would like to copy only those CLASS files which are
just compiled from /build into /classes. I think this is possible using the
<uptodate> task with an appropriate <mapper>. But I haven't yet gotten it to
work properly. I'm hoping that one of the Ant gurus on this list might give
me some guidance.

Thanks very much,
Cheers,
-- Chris