ant-user mailing list archives

From Judy Sowell <jsow...@avolent.com>
Subject classpath question
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:27:11 GMT
Hi all,

We have tried several things to get Ant to allow us to add java source files
to the classpath, but have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.

When we do a build outside of ant, just using "javac -classpath ....." where
classpath includes some java source directories (because of cross
dependencies between some classes/packages), it works fine.

However, if instead we run ant with -classpath (the same classpath with some
java source dirs), the compile fails on an import on one of the dependencies
on one of the source files in the classpath. We also tried setting the
classpath inside the build.xml file. That didn't work either.

We did work around this by both changing the ordering of targets and by
using includes. But we are wondering why the above (which works with javac
outside of Ant) doesn't seem to work. Or are we doing something incorrectly?

Thanks for any advice,
Judy