ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject RE: jar task question
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:09:38 GMT
Yes, that worked.  Thanks.

Still, it's probably more confusing than it should be.  I would think
the <fileset> syntax should do the same thing as the <include> syntax
but it doesn't.  And then there is also the option of specifying
includes and excludes as attributes.  This could all be less confusingly
documented.

As far as "correct pathing", I meant that within the jar, the class
com.whatever.somepackage.AClass would be given a path of
com/whatever/somepackage/Aclass.class.  When I omitted the basedir
attribute this did not happen - I got Aclass.class in the root (which
does make sense).

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:42 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: jar task question

Does:

  <jar jarfile="${dist.dir}/lib/${project.name}-lite.jar"
       basedir="${build.classes}"
       compress="yes">
    <include name="com/whatever/somepackage/**/*.*"/>
    <include name="com/whatever/anotherpackage/**/*.*"/>
  </jar>

do what you need?  (I'm not sure what correct "pathing" you want.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)