ant-user mailing list archives

From "Li, Jerry" <Jerry...@WorldChain.com>
Subject RE: General string manipulations
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:20:16 GMT
try pathconvert, it may solve your problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark McMillan [mailto:mark.mcmillan@engineous.com]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:13 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: General string manipulations

I have a number of times wanted to do some manipulation of a property
string.  For example, when running JAVA2IIOP as part of an EJB build, I
need build a list of all Java classes that end in "...Home.java".  A
FILESET easily builds the list of files, but then I have to convert those
file names to Java class names (remove path prefix, convert "/" to ".", and
remove ".java" postfix).

I have written a simple string-substitution task:

   <subst property="someProperty" from="string1" to="string2"/>

but is there a more general way to manipulate property values in ANT?  I
looked around on the Jakarta site but could not find anything like this...
surely this is a common sort of task?

-Mark

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.