ant-user mailing list archives

From John Volkar <jvol...@etransport.com>
Subject Newbie help <condition>
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:54:58 GMT
Okay, I give, how do I conditionally execute a <task>? (actually in my case
<antcall> a <target>???)

Say I have (somewhere previously) defined:
  <property name="call_local_cleanup" value="true">
This might be specified via the command line or in a calling target.

The target "local-cleanup" does (potentially) horrid things to the users
basedir, notibly things like a mass delete and re-get from version control.
(which is slow and painful, therefore user may desire to skip this.)

What I want to do is something like...

if ${call_local_cleanup}==true
  <antcall target="local-cleanup">
else
  <echo message="skipping local-cleanup">

How would I do something like this?

Thanks in advance...
John Volkar

ps: I'm leaving for the day, time to visit the liquor store for New Years
Eve supplies, so I'll hope to see a response tomorrow... thanks.