ant-user mailing list archives

From John Volkar <jvol...@etransport.com>
Subject Newbie help <echo>
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:45:52 GMT
Okay, I'm new, so bear with me.

I'm trying to setup the beginnings of a fairly large build script, that we
will use in a nightly/weekly build process.  Eventually, automatic email
notifications, and all the trimming will be added, but....  First I need to
walk before I can run, so...  I'm simply using the <echo> task to give some
feedback as I develop my scripts.

Is echo output caught by the email notifiers automatically when those are
added?  I mean would I be wasting my time createing nice clear meaningful
messages for the <echo>'s?  If the email notifiers catch the <echo>'d
output, then it's time well spent.

Thanks

John Volkar