ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Problem getting Ant to find Antlr as an optional task
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:23:02 GMT

[...]
> Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Unfortunately the Antlr task in <= Ant 1.4.1 requires you to set Antlr in
the classpath.
It won't do anything if you drop the jar in ant/lib.

It should work just fine with it in the classpath.

I changed this a couple of weeks ago for Ant 1.5 to be consistent with other
tasks. The problem is that Antlr requires you most of the time more classes
than what's initially in antlr.jar (though of course antlr.Tool is there) so
you are somewhat invited to do a mkalljar and drop the 'all' jar instead,
but this is explained in the Antlr task documentation and you will find more
info in the antlr install doc.

Stephane