ant-user mailing list archives

From "Purang, Viraj B." <vpur...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: compiler feature
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:50:33 GMT
HI,
  I am sorry if I sound dated on this one ...I was off the list for a couple
of months.
I remember we had an issue with Ant not being able to support the Interfaces
properly with some files getting missed out while compiling
incrementally.Have we reached closure on that too ?

Regards,
Viraj Purang

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 9:29 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: compiler feature

I can't say why it's doing this, but hopefully the following info might
give someone who knows Java better a pointer to figuring it out.

I tried reproducing it and found that if I don't include the <classpath>
element (ie., if I put the classfile in a jar and put that jar in
$ANT_HOME/lib), it doesn't do the duplication. But if I put the jar in
some other directory and include the <classpath>, then it does the
duplication. However, if I include the <classpath> element and also set
fork="true", then it doesn't do the duplication.

Debug output from the duplicating run shows:
     [java] Running in same VM Test ${arg1} ${arg2} ${arg3} ${arg4}
${arg5} ${arg6} ${arg7} ${arg8}
force loading Test
Finding class Test
Class java.lang.Object loaded from parent loader
Class java.lang.System loaded from parent loader
Class java.io.PrintStream loaded from parent loader
     [java] Should be here only once
Class java.lang.String loaded from parent loader
     [java] Should be here only once
     [java] Testing, testing

Diane

=====