ant-user mailing list archives

From "Roig, Jose" <>
Subject RE: copying on files changed
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 01:14:35 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Berry []
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 6:24 PM
To: Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: copying on files changed

We are building many projects independently. Each of these projects build within their own
project structure (i.e. they have their own /src and /build directories). After compilation,
the CLASS files are then copied from /build into a central deployment area named whatever/classes.
This all works well enough. (Note: we do not compile directly into /classes, or use separate
JAR files, for several reasons)
So here's my problem. I would like to copy only those CLASS files which are just compiled
from /build into /classes. I think this is possible using the <uptodate> task with an
appropriate <mapper>. But I haven't yet gotten it to work properly. I'm hoping that
one of the Ant gurus on this list might give me some guidance.
Thanks very much,
-- Chris
Chris Berry  ---  -- 512-323-9479

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and private proprietary
mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT
BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states
otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only,
is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as  preliminary only and subject to
our formal written confirmation.