ant-user mailing list archives

From "Beacock Andrew (NMP/Boston)" <Andrew.Beac...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: javadoc packagenames="*"
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:36:06 GMT
Jens,

Just change the packagenames attribute to use the '**' pattern, so that
it matches multiple directory levels. My JavaDoc target reads as:

    <!-- javadoc -->
    <target name="javadoc"
            depends="init, info"
            description="generate the JavaDoc">
        <javadoc packagenames="**/*.*"
                 sourcepath="${src}"
                 destdir="${docs}/api"
                 author="true"
                 version="true"
                 protected="true"
                 bottom="Copyright 2001 ${build.vendor.name}. All Rights
Reserved.">
            <classpath refid="path.classpath.build"/>
        </javadoc>
    </target>

This will produce JavaDoc for any package/directory tree that it finds
in the ${src} directory.

I have just run some tests and it seems that if you try to use just
"**", "**/*.java" or "**/*.class", Ant just passes the packagenames
value straight to javadoc, but if you use either "**.*" or "**/*.*" it
does some package name building first and then passes the resultant
package names to javadoc (try running the above javadoc target with
-verbose set, "ant -verbose javadoc")

Strange... ;)

Andy.

--