ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark McMillan <mark.mcmil...@engineous.com>
Subject Re: How to run a target without ANTCALL?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:41:11 GMT
None of the offered solutions is really clean... a complex build file with
many targets (some of which invoke each other via ANTCALL) always evaluate
common dependencies more than once.  It takes a lot of tedious code to
control it with "unless" clauses and setting properties to prevent multiple
executions.

So I wrote a simple task of my own called "do" which will invoke the named
target without losing the current dependencies.  So instead of writing:

   <antcall target="subtask">

I write:

   <do target="subtask">

This seems to work very well and results in significantly faster builds of
our large project when running high level targets (e.g. targets that call
lots of sub-targets).

Seems like this should be a built-in ANT function...?

-Mark