ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark McMillan <>
Subject General string manipulations
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:12:38 GMT
I have a number of times wanted to do some manipulation of a property
string.  For example, when running JAVA2IIOP as part of an EJB build, I
need build a list of all Java classes that end in "".  A
FILESET easily builds the list of files, but then I have to convert those
file names to Java class names (remove path prefix, convert "/" to ".", and
remove ".java" postfix).

I have written a simple string-substitution task:

   <subst property="someProperty" from="string1" to="string2"/>

but is there a more general way to manipulate property values in ANT?  I
looked around on the Jakarta site but could not find anything like this...
surely this is a common sort of task?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message