ant-user mailing list archives

From jfc100 <jfc...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: use of 'includes' attribute in javac
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:23:18 GMT
jfc100 wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 21:37, Jim Clayson wrote:
>>
>>> My hierarchy is as follows:
>>> (link to /usr/local/dev in home dir)
>>>
>>> ~/dev/examples/org/jboss/docs/cmp/cd/bean/*.java
>>> ~/dev/examples/org/jboss/docs/cmp/cd/interfaces/*.java
>>> ~/dev/test/servlets/src/classes/TestServlet.java
>>> ~/dev/test/servlets/src/classes/EJBClientServlet.java  (This one
>>> contains the ejb import stmts)
>>>
>>> My ant's compile target looks like this:
>>>
>>>         <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
>>>                <javac  srcdir="${src.home}"
>>>                        destdir="/tmp/unwrap/boo"
>>>                        classpath="${classpath}"
>>>                        debug="on">
>>>
>>>                </javac>
>>>        </target>
>>>

>> The key idea is that each <javac/> task is rooted in a particular
>> directory (${src.home} in your case) and the includes will then act
>> on this base directory. So you can not include files outside this
>> directory. The solution is to add another root and add in the
>> includes via something like
>>
>> <javac  srcdir="${src.home}"
>>        destdir="/tmp/unwrap/boo"
>>        classpath="${classpath}"
>>        debug="on">
>>  <src path="~/dev/examples">
>>    <include name="org/jboss/docs/cmp/cd/bean/*.java"/>
>>    <include name="org/jboss/docs/cmp/cd/interfaces/*.java"/>
>>  </src>
>> </javac>
>>
> Thanks - got it, now! ;-)
> Jim
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

whoops! Hang on - sorry, are you sure about the nested includes under
the src tag?

The manual says,

  <javac destdir="${build}"
         classpath="xyz.jar"
         debug="on">
    <src path="${src}"/>
    <src path="${src2}"/>
    <include name="mypackage/p1/**"/>
    <include name="mypackage/p2/**"/>
    <exclude name="mypackage/p1/testpackage/**"/>
  </javac>

which seems to indicate that an include can not be defined as 'src'
element specific.

I tried it with nested include(as you suggested) and it came back
saying, "The <path> data type doesn't support the nested "include"
element". If the above extract from the manual is correct, how would I
associate an include with a src directory?

This is confusing to me. I think it makes sense for each src tag to have
its own includes excludes elements associated with it.

Cheers
Jim