ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank E. Weiss" <fra...@well.com>
Subject FTP task trojan attack?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:21:23 GMT
I've been having trouble getting the optional FTP task to work with
ant-1.4.1 and jdk1.3.1 on W2K, after following all the instructions. But
that's another problem. I tried to diagnose this problem by inserting
this taskdef:

 <taskdef name="ftp"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP"
classpath="c:/jakarta-ant-1.4.1/lib/jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar"/>

Then running ant -verbose there's a strange class,
com/oroinc/net/ftp/FTP,  coming out of nowhere, it seems.

U:\Projects\\build.xml:192: Could not create task of type: ftp due  to
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/oroinc/net/ftp/FTP
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:509)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.makeTask(UnknownElement.java:148)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.maybeConfigure(UnknownElement.java:83)

Aside from getting FTP to work at all, these two questions:

1) is com/oroinc/net/ftp/FTP part of jakarta-ant?
2) how easy or hard would it be to add a trojan FTP task to a system
running ant that could sniff ftp passwords?