ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: manifest class path
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:06:02 GMT
J. Matthew Pryor wrote:

> I am a bit confused by exactly what support for Class-Path there is in the current version
of Ant

> Is it that the Jar task should just leave Class-Path entries alone in a manifest I supply
?

> Or is there some expanded support whereby I can specify the set of dependent Jars and
the Jar task will add/update the manifest to make the Class-Path entry correct ?

> Thanks for any clarification. I have searched ant-user and ant-dev without too much success
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew

Matthew,

There are two distinct issues here.

1. The Jar task processes manifests according to the Jar file spec. This
requires that no lines are longer than 72 bytes. Accordingly the jar
task will break up longer lines and use a continuation line ( a line
beginning with a space). Other than this processing, the jar task does
not change the manifest file content.

2. The second issue is support for automatically writing classpath
entries in the jar file. There is no  direct support for this operation
but there is something you can do using inline manifests. Something like
this

     <jar jarfile="test.jar" basedir="." manifest="manifest.mf">
       <include name="src/**"/>
       <manifest>
         <attribute name="Class-Path" value="${classpath.string}"/>
       </manifest>
     </jar>

Conor