ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank E. Weiss" <fra...@well.com>
Subject Re: pushd and popd
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:12:56 GMT
I think this analysis is incorrect. Ant 1.4.1 asks the JVM to execute 'cmd /c
cd x && y', where x is the current working directory (user.dir) and y is the
command line (pushd \\nqa2\testdir\). Wouldn't the example give here result in
'cmd /c cd x && cmd /c pushd \\nqa2\testdir\'?

Part of the confusion is that the way ant works. The executable attribute of
the exec element is a misnomer. On Windows 2000 it just becomes part of the
string that the cmd shell is being asked to execute. At least that's my
interpretation of the Windows 2000 CMD ducumentation.