ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jens v.P." <>
Subject javadoc packagenames="*"
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:10:35 GMT

I'm looking for a way to call javadoc wihtput specifiying any package.
Ant's javadoc task support wildcard in the packagenames attribute,
like packagenames="com.*".

But I don't want to specify any packagenames, even not the root
one. I've got a common project directory structure with one source
directory. What I want is javadoc to generate the API help for all of
my source files. And - how can I specify classes which are not part of
any package? Is there a special root-package symbol I can use?

The problem is that the javadoc task doesn't support a
attribute setting.

My xml looks like this:

<target name="javadoc" description="generates javadoc in ${doc}/javadoc">
<mkdir dir="${javadoc}"/>
<javadoc packagenames="*" sourcepath="${src}" destdir="${javadoc}">
  <pathelement path="${classes}"/>
  <path refid="lib.classpath" />

This doesn't work. Could anyone help me? The goal is to create a very
generic build.xml which is working on a default file structure.

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message