ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:50:20 GMT
--- DONNIE HALE <DHALE@longaberger.com> wrote:
> 1) I know that tasks are extensible. How about <target>s? So someone
> could post a contributed, enhanced <target> without changing the core.

Don't know, since I don't yet know enough Java to know what distinguishes
a class that is extensible vs. one that isn't -- is there some easy way to
tell?

> 2) Can <echo> be put inside a <task>? I didn't see an answer to this
> before, but a test showed that it couldn't. What I'm trying to achieve
> is some feedback to System.out only if a task is executed:

You can't do it that way, but I recommend using NoBannerLogger as your
default logger -- it only generates output for things actually executed.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)