ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Perforce Optional Tasks
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:48:03 GMT
--- James Bullington <shockride@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did you remember to put these files in your class path?  When I first
> started to use optional.jar,  this was my mistake.
>
> i.e. you need:
>
> CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;/ant/lib/optional.jar;/ant/lib/oro.jar

You shouldn't need to do this -- the wrapper-script for Ant (ie., the
thing that actually executes when you say 'ant' on the command-line)
builds a classpath to pass on the 'java' command-line (that it in turn
executes) that includes all the jar-files in $ANT_HOME/lib.

I run Ant without any environment CLASSPATH defined at all.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)