ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:55:56 GMT
--- Scott Coleman <scott.coleman@soltima.com> wrote:
> I have seen that the source option is supported, but I have not seen any
> support for assert's. Therefore I just wished to confirm that asserts
> are not supported and I would add the code for them.

Well, I know nothing about Java assertions, other than what I found the
other day on Sun's Java site, looking for an answer to your initial
question. This is what I found that made me think <javac> was taken care
of:

    In order for the javac bytecode compiler to accept code containing
    assertions, you must use the -source 1.4 command-line option as in
    this example:

        javac -source 1.4 MyClass.java

Diane

=====