ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Replace task
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:02:46 GMT
--- Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cyriaque.dupoirieux@pcotech.fr> wrote:
> I need to delete all lines that start with the following comment :
>          # written : Date of the day
>
>     How can I use the replace task (or another) to make this ?

I assume "Date of the day" isn't a literal but rather would be some date,
so you're asking whether there's a regular-expression type replace task?
There is, but it's new so it's only available with 1.5 -- see:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks/replaceregexp.html

If you need to stay with a released version of Ant, then you'd probably
need to either go with a <script> or <exec> task.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)