ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle R . Burton" <mor...@voicenet.com>
Subject Re: XML question related to build.xml development
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:11:10 GMT
> Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but I thought many Ant users
> may find the answer helpful when setting up build.xml files.
> How does one 'escape' a quote character into XML. For example:
> <property name="foo" value="X" />
> If now instead of X, I want to put "X" in there, (i.e. with the double
> quotes).  How do I do that? The following doesn't seem to work.
> <properaty value="\"X\"" />

XML supports ligatures similar to HTML.  So you can do:

  <property value="&quot;X&quot;">

It also supports numberd characters:

  &#143;

But I wouldn't recommend using numbered entities.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kyle R. Burton

Enter in.  Be one with the object of contemplation if you
wish to understand.  Don't be an outside observer of life.
Be life.
        -- T'ao-shan