ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jill Stephenson" <jill.stephen...@suncorpmetway.com.au>
Subject Re: Setting classpath for Taskdef
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:52:16 GMT
Try changing the name of the taskdef to be all lowercase, it
seems like the case of the task definition and actual usage of
the task must match  ...

--
Jill

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Ferguson" <william_ferguson@versata.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 12:29 PM
Subject: RE: Setting classpath for Taskdef

> OK.
>
> If I remove optional.jar from %ANT_HOME%\lib but define it in the MimeMail
> taskdef along with J2ee.jar,
> then Ant can't find the MimeMail task.
>
> ie
>
> <taskdef name="mimeMail"
> classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.MimeMail">
> <classpath>
> <pathelement location="${project}/lib/j2ee/j2ee.jar"/>
> <pathelement location="${project}/tools/ant/lib/optional.jar"/>
> </classpath>
> </taskdef>
>
> Gives
>
> D:\source\main\buildScripts\NightlyBuild.xml:44: taskdef class
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.MimeMail cannot be found
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.addDefinition(Definer.java:176)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:114)
>
> etc
>
> But if I define the taskdef for MimeMail as above and don't remove
> optional.jar from %ANT_HOME%\lib then I get
>

> D:\source\main\buildScripts\NightlyBuild.xml:172: Could not create task of
> type: mimeMail due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Address
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:509)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.makeTask(UnknownElement.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.maybeConfigure(UnknownElement.java:83)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:216)
>

> So it wuld seem that Ant definitely requires the optional.jar in its
> classpath when executed, and can't pick it up from the taskdef classpath
> attribute.
>
> It also seems that Ant requires that any libraries that are needed by an
> optional task to also be included in Ant's classpath.
> Ie these classes can't be specified via the classpath attribute of
taskdef.

> So either I'm doing something totally wrong, or the classpath attribute
> doesn't appear to function.
>
> William

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and do not necessarily reflect the
views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD  ABN 66 010 831 722.

The content of this e-mail, including attachments is a confidential communication between
the Suncorp Metway Group and the intended addressee. Any unauthorised use of the contents
is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender
immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s).

http://www.suncorpmetway.com.au