ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of <uptodate>
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:22:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "DONNIE HALE" <DHALE@longaberger.com>

>Finally, I just want to say thanks. Ant has been astoundingly helpful this
last week in getting our fairly large >web/ejb-based app to build targeting
WebLogic. While I'm not using the <ejbc> task directly (too complex - >just
special capabilities provided >by <zipfileset>. These are terrific. Our app
builds identically now from a single rules.xml file on either NT or >AIX.
Very much appreciated !!!

out of curiosity

1. how long did the migration take?
2. what is the relative size/complexity of build file versus makefile or
other legacy build tool.

Now that you have the build working, it is time for you to start exploring
what ant provides in deployment...

-steve