ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Log4j xml config evaluation
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:33:30 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Tuft Muller" <ttm@online.no>

> I guess one way to do it is to configure a new Java process with the
> DOMConfigurator/logfj.xml and check if any errors are submitted to std
err.

Does the DOMConfigurator throw exceptions?  If so, you could just wrap it
inside a JUnit test case and use the <junit> task to deal with it
(haltonfailure="true" even!).  Even without exceptions, if there is
something you can check for perhaps a JUnit test is still a good thing.  Or
a custom Ant task (which should live in the Log4j codebase, I'd think) would
be even more easily re-usable by others.

    Erik