ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ftp-task with proxy
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:06:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Detlef Brendle" <detlef.brendle@canoo.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:16 AM
Subject: RE: ftp-task with proxy

> hi,
> guess I ahve specified only parts of the problem.
>
> here the scenario:
>
> we are placed behind a firewall which only comunicates via HTTP and HTTPS
> with the internet.
> So passive mode on a ftp task wouldnt help much for that.
> What we need is mapping the ftp request to a http transported request.
> has anybody done that before`?

so, what you want is FTP over HTTP right?

This is not an ant task issue, it is a protocol problem. Say the ftp task
talks to the firewall, what is it going to say? You could talk the FTP
protocol over port 80, but unless the server is on the same port, you are
not going to get an answer.

1. run FTP on PPP over Ethernet over HTTP

2. get a proxy server that understands ftp protocol

3. socks server.

I vote for (3)