ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:02:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "DONNIE HALE" <DHALE@longaberger.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)

Thanks for the info. I understand the point, though I tend to agree with
you - just move the line in the sand past equality but short of all the
other things he's worried about. :)

Since I have your attention, 2 questions (1 related):

>1) I know that tasks are extensible. How about <target>s? So someone could
post a contributed, >enhanced <target> without changing the core.

I dont think anyone has tried. anything which can be a direct child of
<project> is special; they are hard coded into some file or other, then
there is the whole graph creation and traversal code which probably looks
for target only...that might need to be tweaked to use instanceof checks or
something.,

-steve