ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:44:58 GMT

keep those settings in a properties file, one per target. use <property
file=> to select it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "DONNIE HALE" <DHALE@longaberger.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: Proper use of <uptodate> (a little off-topic)

We've only got one target - the .ear file. What we have is four different
WebLogic "domains" - unit, int, qa, and "arch" (for architecture testing,
etc.). Each of those imply different directories, admin server ports, etc.
The shell script has a case statement that sets up all this very nicely, and
with Ant's current facilities, it's much more convoluted. Now if Ant had a
<case> task ... :)

Donnie

>>> steve_l@iseran.com 12/19/01 01:37AM >>>

I would recommend you have separate deploy build files for each target,
using similarly named parameters (deploy.warfile, deploy.host ...) and then
call these targets from your main file using <ant>. This keeps things more
controllable. The cactus project has some examples