ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:43:41 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Coleman" <scott.coleman@soltima.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 12:32 AM
Subject: RE: JDK 1.4

> Hi,
>
> I have seen that the source option is supported, but I have not seen any
> support for assert's. Therefore I just wished to confirm that asserts are
> not supported and I would add the code for them.
>
> Regards,
> Scott

As Diane says, all you need to do is say the source is a 1.4 version of the
source and the OS knows that assert is a statement, not a method.

The ant source has had all references to junit.framework.Assert.assert()
replaced with the assertTrue() method, so should even rebuild with the flag
set.

What is not in ant is any support for explicitly turning on assertions in
<java>, or <junit>. We have had a patch for this supplied, but it has not
gone in yet a there is still some debate about how best to do it. I would
hope/expect that this support would go in the next version of ant to ship,
whenever that is.

-steve