ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jill Stephenson" <jill.stephen...@suncorpmetway.com.au>
Subject Re: Quoting issue
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:50:05 GMT
The value passed to signtool probably needs to be enclosed
in quotes, try

<property name="nscert" value="&quot;S1 Corp&apos;s VeriSign, Inc.
ID&quot;"/>

--
Jill
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Mangual" <ed.mangual@s1.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 7:47 AM
Subject: Quoting issue

> How do you escape apostrophes? I having a small issue running exec, I
> have the following:
>
> user.properties snippet
>
> nshome=c\:/Program Files/Netscape/Users/default
>
> build.xml snippet
>
>  <property name="nscert" value="S1 Corp&apos;s VeriSign, Inc. ID"/>
>
> <exec dir="${afi.packaging.work}" executable="signtool"
> failonerror="true">
> <arg line="-d${nshome} -c9 -k${nscert} --verbosity -1 -Z ${archive}.jar
> -e.class -e.properties . "/>
> </exec>
>

> error:
>
> c:\projects\afi54\build\signcode.xml:72: unbalanced quotes in
> -dc:/Program Files/Netscape/Users/default -c9 -kS1 Corp's
> VeriSign, Inc. ID --verbosity -1 -Z appletBridge.jar -e.class
> -e.properties .
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.types.Commandline.translateCommandline(Compiled
> Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.types.Commandline$Argument.setLine(Commandline.java
> :127)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper$5.set(Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.setAttribute(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configure(Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.maybeConfigure(Task.java:178)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:216)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:202)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:176)
>

> I'm using ant 1.4.1, w2k sp2.
>

> Any ideas?

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and do not necessarily reflect the
views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD  ABN 66 010 831 722.

The content of this e-mail, including attachments is a confidential communication between
the Suncorp Metway Group and the intended addressee. Any unauthorised use of the contents
is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender
immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s).

http://www.suncorpmetway.com.au