ant-user mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DELETE exception
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:42:47 GMT
From: "Dmitri G. Chtchekine" <dgchtch@emory.edu>

> I get exception trying to delete some files (OS is Windows NT).

Windows doesn't let a program delete any file that is "locked"
by the OS at the time of attempting to delete.  Such is not the case
in Unix.  So this problem will usually occur in Windows only.

>  Strangely some files get deleted, and on some ant failes.

Delete will fail only if some other task already holds an
open handle to the file that you attempt to delete.  So,
please look at which task uses this file in the build
before a delete attempt on it is made.  If it is a built-in
task that doesn't close the file before you try to delete it,
please let me know.  If it is some custom task that
uses this file, you need to look into whether the file closes
all Input/Output Streams that the task holds on the file.

Magesh