ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit sequencing
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:47:49 GMT
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Mark Hewitt <MHewitt@Armature.com> wrote:

> I can't see how to guarantee this sequence in ant.

Don't use <batchtest> but individual <testcase> elements for all tests
that depend on order.

> For instance, the expansion of a fileset is presumably not
> guaranteed to be alphabetical on all platforms.

It is not alphabetical on the platforms I develop with.

> So what methods have been used, an which work best?

See Ant's own build file - most testclasses are independent, so
they've been thrown into a batchtest, but GZip and GUnzip depend on
order.  We've excluded these two tests from the batchtest and added
explicit tetstcase elements for them.

Stefan