ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using regexp in ant
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:01:09 GMT
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, ray au <ray_au@inovera.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Todd!  This has worked for me as well.  However, this brings
> to mind a question as to why did the JakartaRegexpMatcher in ant.jar
> not work?

Because it depends upon jakarta-regexp and that one hasn't been on
your CLASSPATH.

>From the docs for the regexp mapper:

>> The regexp mapper needs a supporting library and an implementation
>> of org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.RegexpMatcher that hides the
>> specifics of the library. Ant comes with implementations for the
>> java.util.regex package of JDK 1.4, jakarta-regexp and jakarta-ORO.

So it needs an implemenation (you've named it) *and* a library, which
hasn't been present in your case.  If this paragraph hasn't been clear
enough (very well possible), please submit a better version of it -
all documentation patches will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

        Stefan